Sunday 31 January 2016

First print!

After doing some ugly hacks with zip ties and hot glue I got end stops in place and the printer was ready for its first print. At that point there were plenty of issues waiting to be fixed but I wanted to see if anything usable would come out.

First proper print

Leveling the bed was pretty difficult as I didn't have enough clamps to secure the glass on the PCB. I ended up using some painters tape to hold it for a moment. But that is pretty bad idea. Also, finding the Z level for the first layer took quite a while.

After couple days I managed to find clamps for the glass so I could do the levelling properly. With this essential fix in place I started to print more parts for the printer including a box for LCD, RAMPS fan support,  finger guard for the 80mm fan and some smaller bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment