Monday 26 October 2015

Frame sourcing

The frame of the P3Steel is 3mm structural steel. RepRap site hosts DWG file for couple different versions and the parts are neatly laid ready for laser cut. I chose version 2.5 by AndrewBCN as it supports dual extruders better than earlier designs.

There are several shops in EU selling ready cut P3Steel frame. But the problem with those is that the version of the P3Steel is not mentioned in most cases. Also, the postage of the reasonably heavy steel frame to Finland is rather expensive.

So I decided to send request for offer to several laser cutting companies nearby. I got good amount of replies and now going through details with the cheapest one. Most likely I will order a set of 10 frames or so. I hope I will eventually find other P3Steel builders so I won't end up storing plates of steel in my living room for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment