Wednesday 24 February 2016

Polarity matters

I was reorganising the cabling after I installed the cooling fans next to the hot end. I checked there were no loose ends and everything seemed to be fine. But as soon as I turned the PSU on there was a faint popping sound and no lights on the LCD. I managed to connect wires from PSU to RAMPS wrong way and that instantly fried RAMPS.

Looks like the LCD and MEGA are okay though, I was able to turn them on with USB power and use different features on the controller. However, none of the steppers move and the hot end wont warm up. Just to make sure I decided to order new RAMPS, MEGA and stepper drivers again. This will mean couple weeks pause with printing but I'll use that to design and build an enclosure for the printer.


No comments:

Post a Comment