Monday 16 November 2015

Final painting and some assembly

Alright. Orange is the color. I painted the orange color on Sunday and this time I did have a tiny bit better place to do it. I went to my brother's garage to change winter tyres and to paint the frame in the corner of it. The garage was rather full of motorbikes and cars so I had to be careful with spraying. I used a Maston colormix spray can but I don't really recommend it. Also the temperature inside was only +12. And I ran out of paint. So as you might guess the end result was not very good - a combination of dust, dry paint and runny paint. I don't say I hate many things but painting with poor setup, in a hurry and with bad quality tools is one of them.

More or less orange


Today I put together all the frame parts I could. I am still waiting bearings to arrive so I could not proceed with any of the axis yet. But at least I have received M5 brass nuts, stepper motors, GT2 pulleys and belt.

Oh, by the way - did I say I hate painting?



2 comments:

  1. Interesting color. No, really, I like it. :-)
    Did you paint the assembled frame or did you do it part by part and assemble it afterwards?

    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did prime everything separately. For final color I put main frame parts together as they would get scratched pretty bad when sliding together.

    ReplyDelete